Enhanced Skills - Program Info - Family Practice Anaesthesia
The Family Practice-Anaesthesia (FP-A) program at the University of Calgary is a 3rd year CFPC program run by the Department of Anaesthesia in conjunction with the Department of Family Medicine Residency program. The program is currently accredited by the CFPC in full.
Teaching takes place primarily in the operating room where residents work one-on-one with faculty Anaesthesiologists and, to a limited extent, with Family Physicians. The program is run closely with the Anaesthesia Royal College residency training program and FP-A Residents are included in a wide range of learning opportunities including:
- Academic half-day sessions every week
- Visiting Professor program
- Journal Club
- Formal (weekly) rounds
- Events sponsored by the Post-Graduate Medical Education Office
- ATLS, ACLS, and PALS courses
- Specific FP-A directed didactic sessions as per resident need through the year
- Patient simulator experience
Other teaching resources include library resources and oral and written examinations.
- Program Info
- Prospective Residents
- Current Residents